Summer is here! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To enahance your comfort and really relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Hudsonville is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While West Michigan Heating & Air Conditioning Services always recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning in the heat.
- First, another time to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter routinely! Replace your air filter according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold weather. Starting your air conditioner before removing the cover can severely damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s operations. mow the grass, remove any debris and eliminate overgrowth that blocks your unit before you start it this summer. remember to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it open and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where it should and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These easy steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you need to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call West Michigan Heating & Air Conditioning Services in Hudsonville at (616) 669-3961 today.