During the cold Hudsonville months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it occurs, a simple call to West Michigan Heating & Air Conditioning Services will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should watch for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call West Michigan Heating & Air Conditioning Services right away if you observe any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be evaluated by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is not big enough for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your utility costs, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from West Michigan Heating & Air Conditioning Services can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It could be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, call us and our team can help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call West Michigan Heating & Air Conditioning Services at (616) 669-3961 or schedule an appointment with us online.