As warmer weather rolls around, you might be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Hudsonville? Even if your cooling unit is newer or was running well last season.
Here’s one approach to think about it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new automobile and never expect to request any maintenance for it, such as changing the oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving parts. Like a car, it can develop leaks and its moving components can break down.
Having your equipment examined seasonally by a West Michigan Heating & Air Conditioning Services expert can help locate small troubles before they turn into major meltdowns. (And cause your unit to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your AC is placed outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can negatively decrease your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to maintain delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard debris that build up within your system can push it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these problems can cause higher energy consumption—and a more expensive cooling bill!
- It could extend your system’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and could even help it last longer. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly cooling expenses and over the long run, as you won’t have to get new equipment as soon.
- It helps find minor issues before they lead to big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will carefully look at components and complete a cycle of AC performance verifications. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to locate problems before they lead to big problems that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee stress-free comfort throughout the summer. After your unit is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your system is ready to provide worry-free cooling. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the wisest ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this work, your system is vulnerable to early failure and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC service should involve an inspection and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the work we’ll perform:
We’ll check the ensuing locations and pieces:
- Total unit condition
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll complete:
- Put in new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Grease moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Tune-Up Right Away with West Michigan Heating & Air Conditioning Services
Now is the greatest time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our West Michigan Heating & Air Conditioning Services pros a ring at (616) 669-3961 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we visit your home, don’t forget to check our special offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.