As spring starts, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Hudsonville? Especially if your air conditioning unit is recently purchased or was running well last summer.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new car and never expect to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same affects your air conditioner. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving parts can fail.
Having your unit checked yearly by a West Michigan Heating & Air Conditioning Services specialist can help spot minor issues before they turn into large meltdowns. (And cause your unit to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is placed outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can majorly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service delicate internal components.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate within your system can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these troubles can lead to higher energy consumption—and a bigger energy bill!
- It could prolong your unit’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and might even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy costs and over the years, because you won’t have to get new equipment as fast.
- It helps pinpoint little problems before they turn into big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will carefully examine parts and complete a series of AC performance tests. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to find troubles before they turn into major problems that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free cooling throughout the summer. After your unit is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your equipment is ready to provide worry-free cooling. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this tune-up, your equipment is open to early breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A good AC tune-up should include an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll check the subsequent spots and pieces:
- Full equipment order
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the jobs we’ll finish:
- Put in new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Service Today with West Michigan Heating & Air Conditioning Services
Now is the greatest time to request your AC maintenance! Give our West Michigan Heating & Air Conditioning Services pros a ring at (616) 319-1436 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we come to your house, make sure to look at our special offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.