With warmer temps close by, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at its best, it can cut a large amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could significantly raise your expenses and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your West Michigan Heating & Air Conditioning Services professional perform air conditioning service
at least annually is crucial to keeping your system working well for a long time. He or she can make sure the unit is running as it should be and can identify possible problems before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your skilled air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during winter. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may harm your system and end with the need for big repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area by your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they may interfere with airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any part of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or swapped out during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them monthly and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has unique needs when dealing with air filter replacement, relying on things like owning house pets or performing home construction during the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also ensure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you maintain a comfortable home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer offers. Give the experts at West Michigan Heating & Air Conditioning Services a call at (616) 669-3961.