There’s no getting around the changing weather in Hudsonville, it’s something we all have to adjust for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the top of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the best time to consider annual furnace service as well, but possibly not in the way that you had possibly thought.
Energy savings comes in various shapes and forms, to include:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners only associate furnace service with changing out filters, but having a tune-up performed can help your system run better, providing you with efficient comfort that may help you save on your monthly heating bills.
- Take It Down A Notch. Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can help you save consistently during the year. It’s pretty evident, but when your system doesn’t have to work as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy expenses.
- Filters. Another easy fix that most every homeowner can handle on their own, swapping furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more effortlessly, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s easy to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to utilize caulk and weatherstripping to close those pesky holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your West Michigan Heating & Air Conditioning Services expert stops by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are an upgrade. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping reduce your monthly energy bills.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list the end-all be-all, but there are a few easy ways to help increase your comfort when the temperatures drop in Hudsonville. Whether you’re calling to set up annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is ideal for your system, give the pros at West Michigan Heating & Air Conditioning Services a call at (616) 319-1436 to start saving a little more today.