Having regular air conditioning service completed at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Hudsonville season, have the experts at West Michigan Heating & Air Conditioning Services perform your routine air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be done during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Check for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, examine for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, retrieve any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, rather than illegally releasing it to the atmosphere.
- Look for efficient airflow in the system.
- Check the right electric control sequence to make sure of proper sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters routinely is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help ensure your air conditioner continues to run at a high level of efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it regularly. We advise looking at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will depend on individual factors in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call West Michigan Heating & Air Conditioning Services today at (616) 669-3961.